Britam Jobs in Tanzania : Driver
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Britam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The role holder will be responsible for driving company vehicles and providing messenger services. The role will report to the Senior Accountant.
- Driving company staff and visitors as directed by immediate supervisor
- Perform routine checks on company vehicles to ensure they are roadworthy and report promptly any defects noted.
- Initiate processes for renewal of vehicle road license, insurance and any other statutory requirement for company vehicles at least five days before they expire.
- Carrying out all messenger work
- Taking and collecting mail from the post
- Registering mail before delivery and posting
- Delivering and collecting external mail
- Making internal deliveries of documents and files
- Photocopying and binding of documents.
- Daily banking of company money (cash and cheque) as per set limits and as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Open office doors at PPF Tower latest by 7.00 am on a daily basis (including Saturdays) as per set schedule.
- Supervise office general cleaning as instructed by immediate supervisor/management.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Turnaround time
- Records keeping
- Accountable to the Senior Accountant
- Work with all the departments & branches
- Britam customers
- Service providers
- At least 2 years working experience with a reputable organization.
- Valid driving license (class “C 3” preferred) with a clean driving record.
- At least form four with passes in English & Kiswahili.
- Excellent verbal communication skills (English & Kiswahili).
- Knowledge of Britam products.
- Basic computer skills (Ms. Office and Internet).
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.