BRAC Jobs in Tanzania : Head of Microfinance
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: BRAC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
• The Head of Microfinance is responsible for leading the development and management of BRAC Tanzania Finance Ltd (BTFL). As a member of the Country Management Team (CMT) s/he will contribute to effective and sustainable implementation of BRAC Tanzania’s Microfinance Programme with specific responsibility for programme expansion, designing, piloting and scaling innovative products, quality implementation of operations, including compliance with client protection principles and social performance management standards, funding, digitization of field operations, achieving cost effectiveness, and ensuring the achievement of BTFL’s mission and positive outcomes in the livelihoods of BRAC’s target clients.
•Work with Country Representative and Senior Management Team to develop and implement the organisation’s Country Strategy and Business Plan through wider consultation and stakeholder engagement;
• Develop effective linkages with Central Bank of Tanzania, Ministry of Finance and Development Planning, donors, strategic networks with other MFIs and the microfinance association to ensure BRAC’s programmes are highly relevant to the wider development and humanitarian context.
• Work with BRAC’s fundraising affiliates to secure donor funding to improve products, and build the skills and capacity of the clients as well as staff.
• Take the lead role in conceptualizing, designing and developing new, innovative products in line with BTFL’s vision and mission, meet the needs of BRAC clients, and create positive client outcomes.
• Ensure microfinance programme monitoring system is effective and functions well through regular monitoring and field supervision to programme areas and provide feedback to respective programme staff.
• Ensure on time monthly, quarterly and yearly high quality narrative, social and financial report submission to CBT, MIX, BRAC Tanzania Finance Ltd’s Board of Directors, and other stakeholders as needed.
• Preparation of microfinance programme budgets collaboratively with programme and finance staff. Track programme expenditure through monthly and quarterly financial accounts prepared by the accounts department.
• Supporting the team members and enabling national staff to take on leadership roles e.g. by encouraging good performance, coaching, mentoring, and assisting staff to prevent or resolve problems, providing resources, tools and equipment.
• Ensuring that staff are adequately trained and developed for their roles e.g. by analysing staff training needs, organising the delivery of training or coaching, mentoring, secondments, sharing of experience etc.
• Representing BTFL at events such as conferences, with donors, government and other development organisations.
• Experience in the microfinance industry, having had both operations and strategy focused roles
• Strong leadership and ability to build relationships among staff
• Excellent organizational skills
• A team work orientation
• Action and Results oriented with good time management and analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to mentor and build capacity
• Strategic thinking
• Ability to travel extensively
Masters/ Bachelor in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Commerce, Finance, Marketing relevant subject from any recognized university with minimum second class/division or equivalent CGPA in all academic records.