BBC Jobs in Tanzania : Bilingual Reporter, Africa TV
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: BBC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
As part of the World Service Language Services, BBC Africa newsgathering teams provide news reports, pictures and audio material from Africa to all BBC News programmes and services – both in the UK and internationally – in English and other languages. This content is of the highest possible editorial and technical standard, which in turn provides the best value for money for BBC audiences around the world. BBC Africa newsgathering teams have to ensure that in the face of increasing competition, BBC News is the world leader in newsgathering and is at the forefront of both its editorial coverage and technological innovation in broadcasting and digital services.
You will also be called upon to support editorial teams across Africa w2020. .
You will provide quality, informative programmes and reports in English and Kiswahili for BBC Television, Radio and Digital news programmes.
You will report on all aspects of national political, economic and cultural life in Tanzania and East Africa and potentially travelling across the region. You will stay well briefed on the region in order to report and comment with authority, reporting in both English and Kiswahili.
Are you the right candidate?
- Substantial experience as a Reporter/Journalist including reporting assignments abroad.
- Notable and significant TV experience
- An excellent level of spoken and written and broadcast English and Kiswahili.
- Experience of reporting on live/breaking news.
- Knowledge of the key editorial and audience priorities for the range of global and UK output.
- Sound knowledge of Tanzania including political, economic and security developments in the region.
- A thorough knowledge of the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines.
- A highly developed news and current affairs judgement.
- A thorough understanding of the output of BBC News in English and Kiswahili.
- A thorough understanding of the range of platforms and formats.
- A high level of editorial awareness and judgement.
Contract: 1 x 12 month fixed term contract
Local terms and conditions apply.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Tanzania