Barclays Bank Jobs in Tanzania : Head of Service Management
- Company: Barclays Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
• To develop and own the country Technology Operations based on the Information Technology Infrastructure
• Library (ITIL) service management framework and regional service desk set up in BSS with the aim of lifting the Capability Maturity Measurement Index, (CMMI) maturity of the Service Delivery department to level 4. The role also includes the management of Enterprise tooling, Continual Service Improvement as well as Asset and Configuration Management.
• To direct and manage the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of the monitoring systems and tools including necessary hardware (H/W), software (S/W) and network infrastructure to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within country. Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Accountability: Delivery Service Management and Reporting
• Manage end-to-end ownership, to ensure that all technology requirements are met for day-to-day systems use, performance and maintenance, enhancements and change projects with adequate service level agreements in place for Country and the Shared Services hub.
• Programme manage implementation of major system changes (e.g. Shared Service hub build out) including contracting with internal and external providers.
• Ensure services escalation framework is developed and maintained for all Technology services across Country.
• Document a consolidated view of stakeholder Service Management capability requirements.
• Analyse and document the Service Management requirements for each Service Delivery discipline and align to BSS Technology service hub.
• Identify and develop high level themes and commonalities within the Service Delivery Service Management framework and align to regional service hubs.
• Develop a deployment Roadmap to deploy the service improvement framework
• Document and communicate the service catalogue and its dependencies to the staff
• Assure timeously service reporting to regional team on service (Daily , Weekly and Monthly)
• Resolve high-level issues within the Country through providing mitigative actions and driving the implementation of these actions
• Ensure high standards of Technology services are delivered by managing and monitoring the Technology Service Level Agreement (SLA), interact with Sourcing to acquire quality contracts with third party vendors to support design and development of products to delivery high level of service to business
• Understand over all business dynamics, to provide optimal delivery across the business units and utilise shared services centre. Ensure that the successful end-to-end delivery of technology change within the country through effective service delivery and sector project delivery.
• Agree and manage service offerings and Service Level Agreements in conjunction with internal customers (agree annually and measure on a monthly basis).
• Plan the Technology resource requirements for the country (including people, Capex, Opex, systems and Strategic Investment), negotiate and secure its allocation to the business unit and ensure delivery based on the promised business results.
Accountability: Service Management, Tools & Architecture
• Develop, implement and maintain an integrated set of Service Management processes.
• Develop, implement and maintain IT operations processes that integrate with the abovementioned Service
• Management processes
• Develop, implement and maintain architecture for the underlying technologies to enable and support the Service
• Management and IT operations processes
• Action, drive and implement Disaster Recovery (DR) for all aspects to ensure ongoing production and quick turnaround times in cases where there are system down times e.g. Severity 1 and Severity 2 etc.
• Align efforts with domain architects and Managers to ensure domain standards and policies are aligned with the ITIL implementation design
• Document the synergies that exist between the country service teams and regional service teams.
• Work with Service Managers to satisfy domain requirements
• Influence the Infrastructure, Africa Technology strategy by staying abreast of industry trends and role players and ensure that the Business Unit is well positioned to provide competitive and industry leading services
• Facilitate and provide a consolidated strategy on Service management tools to enable:-
• Business Service monitoring
• Command Centre Visualisation & Portals
• Application Monitoring
• Availability and performance
• Service Management
• Display a sound understanding of the social and political landscape surrounding country Technology activities and identify how these would impact on existing and or planned transformation initiatives
Accountability: Facilitate a governance role
• Ensure that all architectures are signed off by Service Management architect in Service Delivery.
• Participate in existing and new governance forums e.g. SIDF (Services Infrastructure Design Forum), TACC
• (Technical Architecture Control Council), IRPC (Infrastructure Replacement Council)
• Sell and motivate the implementation of service improvement plans/ initiatives.
• Ensure signoff of Service Management artefacts by domain architects in the regional office.
• Establish a mechanism for the measurement of stakeholders in their adherence to the defined Service Management principles
• Participate in the formulation and clarification of Statements of Requirements, and any subsequent activities such as Proof of Concepts or product evaluations, by managing, controlling and supporting the interface role between vendors and other IT departments or Business units as regards Service Management related technologies and services
• Participate by leading, managing and giving the Barclays Technology view and position in the negotiations between the vendors and Sourcing as regards Service Management related technologies and services
Accountability: Business and Cost management
• Build relationship with country IT Risk and Governance team and provide support wherever required.
• Coach team members on all the processes and controls that they have to execute in their daily work and ensure that they understand the reasons for the controls and the consequences for failing to adhere to prescribed processes.
• Test a sample of activities on a weekly basis by reviewing documentation and checking work completed by team members to see if control requirements are being adhered to. Coach the team members on areas for improvement and highlight major failures to the manager of the area
• Provide evidence/supporting documents to auditors or management assurance consultants during formal reviews
• Identify losses due to processing errors or internal fraud in the department. Escalate to the manager and provide all the required information to allow logging of the Risk and Loss events. Participate in the investigations
• Explain the requirements for Business Continuity to team members, nominate team members to participate in BCM tests
• Make team members aware of all changes to policies, processes and procedures that are being planned for the area and ensure that they are able to incorporate the changes on the effective date. Ensure that team members read circulars that are relevant to the area and answer questions they may have.
Accountability: People Management
• Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
• Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
• Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team.
• Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Resources.
• Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met. Plans should be revised at least twice a year.
• Review and update the department’s organisation structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
• Motivate to and obtain approval from Head Africa Technology and Information Risk for any additional headcount for the team.
• Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
• When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Resources when required.
• Resolve grievances rose by team members and escalate only if required.
• Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Accelerator programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
• Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
• Participate in the creation and implementation of Employee Opinion Survey (EOS) actions for the team.
Technical skills / Competencies
Education and Experience Required
• B.com and or BSc
• ITIL Managers Certification or Equivalent
• Architecture Framework Certification (e.g. TOGAF the Open Group Architectural Forum 8.1).
• Subject Matter Expert Qualifications
• ITIL v3 Expert
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in IT exposure
• Minimum of 5 year service management experience
• Minimum of 3 years exposure to Architecture Planning
• Minimum 3 years experience in leading and sponsoring large change
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Leadership role