Bank Tellers x5 at MUCOBA Bank PLC
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: MUCOBA Bank PLC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
MUCOBA Bank PLC, formerly known as Mufindi Community Bank LTD (MuCoBa) is the oldest community bank in Tanzania incorporated in December 1998 and licensed by Bank of Tanzania (BOT) in May 1999 to offer banking services to the communities of Mufindi and neighboring districts. It opened its doors to the public in June 1999. The Bank, with its Head Office in Mafinga, offers banking services to the community of Iringa region and its neighbouring region of Mbeya at Mbalali District.
Therefore Mucoba Bank Pic is now inviting applications from suitable qualified and self- motivated Tanzanians with high personal integrity to apply for the following positions
The following will be the main duties and responsibilities to be accomplished by a successful candidate on a day to day:
- Responsible to the Branch Manager and Supervisor for those who shall be allocated to the Service Delivery Center
- Receiving cash from and paying cash to clients
- Booking all transactions in a cash book immediately after paying or receiving cash
- Verify and Balancing of all transactions at every end of the day
- Providing information to clients on banking services in order to improve customer services
- To make sure that all source documents used are filed properly kept
- To control customers5 savings passbook and ledgers during transactions
- To make sure that teller’s place is always clean
- To make sure that the source documents to be used by customers on daily operations are available before start of day.
- To co-operate with Internal auditor, External auditor, BOT Officials, Senior managers and other staff members in order to improve banking operations especially in Cash
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries; informing customers of new services and product and ascertaining customers’ needs
- Reconciles cash drawers by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging currency and coins; reconciling loans and other transactions; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by higher authority.
Holder of Diploma or Certificate preferably in Business Administration, Education, Community Development, Finance or equivalent from recognized institutions
Computer literacy and data entry knowledge and to be updated with new technology
Customer care skills and fluent in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken
Hard worker and Team player
Must demonstrate honesty, integrity and transparency
Effective in time management
Creative and ability to take initiatives
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to qualified candidates depending on qualifications and experience.
The selected candidate should be committed and ready to work in rural areas
How to Apply
Application letters with CV, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of at least three referees should be sent to undersigned by 01st October, 2019. THE GENERAL MANAGER, MUCOBA BANK PLC, P.O.BOX 147, MAFINGA. Or Through the following email address: [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted.