ATZ Law Chambers Jobs in Tanzania : Senior Associate-Corporate Commercial
- Company: ATZ Law Chambers
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Tanzania
ATZ Law Chambers (ATZ) is a leading full-service corporate and commercial law firm with substantial experience and knowledge of the Tanzanian market. The firm operates in mainland Tanzania. ATZ strives to be the most successful corporate legal practice in Tanzania. The firm adopts a practical, commercially vigilant approach to problem solving and strives to develop long-term client relationships. ATZ is frequently praised for its approachable and attentive team of lawyers. It is consistently ranked as a leading legal practice in Tanzania by international directories, including Chambers Global, IFLR1000 and Legal 500.
ATZ is an ALN firm. ALN is an alliance of leading corporate law firms currently in fifteen key African jurisdictions. ALN firms work together providing a one-stop-shop solution for clients doing business across Africa. Its reach at the local, regional and international levels, connectivity with key stakeholders, and deep knowledge of doing business locally and across borders allows it to provide seamless and effective legal, advisory and transactional services across the continent. ALN firms work closely with each other across the fifteen countries and with a network of Best Friends across Africa. ALN firms are on the ground in some of Africa’s fastest growing jurisdictions, including the continent’s gateway economies: Algeria, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. ALN also works closely with its regional office in Dubai.
Roles and responsibilities
ATZ has a track record of advising leading companies on their most intricate and high value corporate and commercial transactions. The firm handles sophisticated local as well as cross-border and multi-jurisdictional commercial transactions.
We are seeking a high calibre Senior Associate. The role will report to a Partner.
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include:
· Attending to negotiations with counter-parties to transactions and/or projects in a variety of industries including private equity, financial services, education, FMCG, agriculture, manufacturing etc;
· Drafting and reviewing of various commercial agreements;
· Drafting of resolutions and transactional documents;
· Attending to due diligence investigations and leading due diligence teams;
· Conducting legal research and drafting opinions on various corporate, commercial and regulatory matters, including corporate governance;
· Advising clients on various corporate transactions;
· Providing advice to clients on legal issues, risk and regulatory compliance and contract management strategy; and
· Interacting regularly with current and prospective clients in order to build a good network and relationships.
The role will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with potential travel within East Africa.
Experience and personal qualities
· Law Degree and an advocate of the High Court of Tanzania or equivalent qualifications.
· At least six years’ experience in a fast paced corporate commercial legal environment.
· Demonstrated experience in working on large scale transactions with multiple stakeholders and client handling skills.
· Demonstrated experience in drafting share purchase, share subscription and shareholders agreements, associated documents and the negotiation of the same.
· Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Experience managing a team or teams.
· Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
· Ability to multitask and handle varied moving parts in a complex and demanding environment.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
· Extremely organised and efficient.
· Ability to communicate and present effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing.
· The ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people (both internally and externally).
· A commitment to teamwork and working in a professional manner.
· A commitment to ALN’s mission and extremely strong ethical integrity.