Assistant Technician Grade II (Pump Operator) at Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
- Company: Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Water Production,
Maintenance and Repair Section.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate water pumps according to agreed schedules.
- To monitor water levels in the storage water reservoirs.
- To make and maintain housekeeping of water pumps, pump houses and their surroundings.
- To maintain and keep proper records and reports of pumps performances, faulty water pumps and breakdowns, electric power failures, and the amount of pumped water at established time intervals from clean water storage reservoirs.
- To ensure that the required dosage of water treatment chemicals/ reagents is administered according to the required standards.
- To take meter readings of electricity and water consumptions at established time intervals.
- To record pressure gauges performances at established intervals.
- To make proper reporting on water colour changes.
- To perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Age Limit
- Holder of Form Four/Six Certificate with Trade Test/CBeT Grade ll/Level 11/ NVA/VCII in Electrical, Pump Mechanics and Fitter Mechanics or Plumbing from a recognized learning Institution.
- Age Limit between 20 and 30 years.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to IRUWASA Salary Scale : IWAS 2
- Appointment will be on unspecified period of time
Method of Application
All applications should be sent to IRUWASA by hand, registered post, EMS and DHL not later than 24th October, 2019.
All applications should be addressed to:- The Managing Director, Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, P.O. Box 570, IRINGA. NOTE: WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.