Assistant Technician Grade II (Plumber) at Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA) is a Government Institution which has the duty of providing potable water and sanitation services at affordable prices to the residents of Iringa Municipality for enhancing their health and quality of life.
In order to achieve the compact objectives, IRUWASA now seeks applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians who are self-motivated, hardworking, honest and committed to their work to fill the following positions below:-
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Water Supply Network Section.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs all water leakages as detected.
- Installs customers’ water meters.
- Participates in rehabilitations of water supply structures.
- Monitors and reports unauthorized water connections.
- Reports water losses, distribution faults and takes immediate measures to resolve the problems.
- Carries out water disconnections of debtors and reconnections after payments.
- Maintains proper records of water connections/disconnections and reconnections carried out.
- Prepares appropriate tools and materials required for execution of repairs/or new connections.
- Ensures all pipes installations, repairs and maintenances are properly aligned.
- Ensures all water pipe bursts are properly repaired.
- Reports sewerage pipe faults to responsible officers.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Age Limit
- Holder of Form Four/Six Certificate with Trade Test/CBeT Grade ll/Level 11/ NVA/VCII in Plumbing from a recognized learning Institution.
- Age between 20 and 30 years.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to IRUWASA Salary Scale : IWAS 2
- Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to IRUWASA by hand, registered post, EMS and DHL not later than 24th October, 2019. All applications should be addressed to:- The Managing Director, Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, P.O. Box 570, IRINGA. NOTE: WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.