Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
• A member of a Corporate Team responsible for originating customer’s credit request in conjunction with relationship managers.
• To provide practical and professional credit solutions to a portfolio of Corporate banking customers via the Relationship team.
• A named point of contact dealing with a range of credit requests including any calls in Managers’/Directors’ absence.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
UNDERSTANDING CREDIT/ SOLUTIONS DEVELOPMENT
•Assess a customer’s business through the analysis of Business and Credit risks associated with the provision of the bank’s products and services to the customer.
• Develop high quality credit solutions with the view of obtaining fast credit approval from Credit teams.
• Act as liaison for risk management information purposes with customers, accountants, solicitors and other relevant people.
•Prepare credit applications for recommendation to the Credit Sanctioners as well as co-ordinate execution of other documentation and draw down of facilities.
• Liaise directly with the sanctioning office for all credits that are outside local Risk Management or the Relationship Manager’s personal discretion.
• Follow through with the credit sanctioners in all credit applications
• Actively participate in customer visits jointly with coverage teams to existing and potential borrowing customers
• Ensure excellent customer service by proactively ensuring that the credit applications of existing and new financing requests are submitted within SLA
•Responsible for managing financial information produced by customers.
• Monitor and Control quality of portfolio using ‘Condition of Sanction’ triggers where possible. Discussing with Sanctioners deteriorating trends and trigger events if they give cause for concern and advising the Relationship Manager simultaneously
• Support review of refer list and other risk reports
• Analyse historic and projected financial information to identify key issues and monitor compliance with covenants and terms prior to discussing with Relationship Manager.
• Collate customer produced financial information.
• Provide technical input and undertake research for Relationship Manager in connection with proposed security and liaise to arrange preparation and execution of security documentation.
• Contribute to environment of mutual support by sharing knowledge with other team members.
• Proactively ensure that there is 100% adherence to deadlines relating to credit origination process
•Key Performance Indicators
• All Corporate customers have the appropriate credit services and products to meet their financial requirements.
• Credit applications prepared for Sanctioners is well-executed and authorised without delay.
• Customers feel satisfied with the credit services they receive (both directly and indirectly).
• Credit discrepancies in customer portfolios are recognised in a timely manner and dealt with quickly and effectively.
• Aide the company’s business-development endeavors by pro-actively engaging with the relevant stakeholders to grow our lending book in a sustained and controlled manner
• Proactively suggest and participate ways of improving the quality of the lending book in collaboration with stakeholders
• Develop the understanding of pricing borrowing customers and ensure all credit facilities comply with minimum set RORWA hurdle rates
• Support the bank’s business development efforts by working closely with the frontline to ensure timely execution of pipeline deals.
• Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles are embedded in own operating culture so that service and product delivery serve the specific needs of both internal and external customers in line with the Bank service standards
• Effective management of the EWL process to ensure that no account / case moves straight from ‘Clean’ to EWL2 or worse.
• Attend Team meetings and contribute fully, including suggestions for ways of improving Corporate business
Risk and Controls Objectives
• Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
• Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
• Adhere to Barclay’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
• Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future. Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
• Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
• All mandatory training completed to deadline
Technical skills / Competencies
Strong product management, influencing and negotiation skills
Excellent communication skills enabling communication with people at all levels
Ability to execute analytical and data driven decisions
Ability to create and identify innovative solutions
• Meeting customers’ needs
• Managing relationships
• Self confidence
• Analytical thinking
• Active listening
• Working with others
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
Skills required to undertake the role:
• Highly competent in financial analysis and numeracy
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Basic keyboard skills.
• Proficient in use of internal computer systems.
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
A good knowledge of:
• Branch based products and services frequently used by Corporate/Local Large Corporate customers including features, tariff/pricing and availability.
• Internal instructions/procedures
• The roles and responsibilities of other members of the Relationship Team.
• Products and services offered by other areas of the Barclays Group which are frequently used by Corporate/Global Corporates customers including features, tariff/pricing and availability.
• The Bank’s service standards.
• Certain products, processes or issues to act as ‘Team Expert’ in areas which complement detailed knowledge of other team members.
• Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of individual based in other areas of the Barclays Group who could typically have some involvement with the customer base.
• Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and customers.
Other requirements specific to the role:
• Undertaking or having completed A.C.I.B. examinations, relevant professional qualifications would be an advantage.
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
• Technical Securities
• Financial Analysis and Lending skills
• ICA familiarity
• Business development and selling skills
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share