Assistant Lecturers x8 at Mbeya University of Science and Technology
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Mbeya University of Science and Technology (MUST) is a result of the transformation of the Mbeya Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) through the Universities Act No.7 (2005) and Charter of Mbeya University of Science and Technology, 2013 with the aim of becoming the leading centre of excellence for knowledge, skills and applied education in science and technology.
The University is currently seeking qualified Public Servants who are willing to transfer to Mbeya University of Science and Technology to fill vacant positions that exist in academic departments as follows:
- ASSISTANT LECTURERS – 8 POSTS
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Msc (Physics) 2 posts
- Msc (Statistics) 1 post
- Msc – Education (Science and/or Technology)
- Msc – Education (Psychology) 1 post
- Msc (Biomedical Engineering) 2 posts
- Msc (Health Systems Management) 1 post
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate programmes;
- Prepare and present case studies;
- Conduct and publish/disseminate research results;
- Participate in consultancies and community services under supervision;
- Attend workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
A Public Servant holding Master Degree in a relevant field with at least a GPA of 4.0 out of 5 and a minimum GPA of 3.8 out of 5 or its equivalent in the first degree.
- Salary Scale: PUTS 2/1
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania in the Public Service
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts; postal address/post code, email and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma Certificates
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth Certificates
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by TCU;
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are advised to indicate so;
- A signed application letter should be written in English and addressed to the Vice Chancellor, Mbeya University of Science and
Technology, P.O.Box 131, Mbeya; ix. Deadline for application is 23rd Sept, 2019;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action.
NB: Successful candidates after interview will be required to forward their application to the Permanent Secretary, President’s Office Public Service Management through their employers indicating their willingness to transfer to MUST as per Civil Service regulations.
MBEYA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY