Assistant Food and Beverage Manager at Park Hyatt Zanzibar
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Tanzania
Park Hyatt Zanzibar – Zanzibar
The Management of Park Hyatt Zanzibar is looking for Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to join the team and perform the below responsibilities.
- To assist in the revision and updating of the Outlet’s Departmental Operations Manuals.
- To attend weekly Food and Beverage and Department Head Meetings in absence of Outlet Service Manager, as scheduled.
- To conduct pre-shift briefings and regular communications meetings, ensuring that they are effective and conducted as necessary.
- To maintain and utilize other departmental and employee communications channels, e.g. notice boards, log books, handover reports, etc.
- To provide the Materials Management Department with detailed product specifications for items used in Dining Room.
- To ensure that all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- To ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers.
- To perform all duties and tasks accordingly to the established Task List
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily and guest profiles are being updated.
- To build long lasting guest relationships by being highly responsive and accommodating to requests and proactively anticipating needs to exceed guest expectations.
- To ensure that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenues are achieved.
- To proactively manage all costs.
- To maximize employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling in order to meet the financial goals as well as the expectations of the guests.
- To assist in the maintenance of the point-of-sales system.
- To ensure that all sales are properly recorded, following prescribed procedures for issuing, voiding or correcting checks.
- To oversee the proper use and security of bartender/waiter/waitress floats.
- To assist in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets, including establishing par stocks, equipment care and maintenance and inventory taking as required.
- To constantly evaluate local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that Dining Room’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- To look for Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
- To assist in the implementation of marketing programmers, including frequent-dining programmers (where relevant).
- To be familiar with all food and beverage items on the menu.
• To have the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and upselling alternative to guests.
• To ensure the service standards are respected, overseeing the consistent application of the service standards and training the employees as necessary.
• To monitor operation at all times, assisting and making adjustments where necessary.
• To liaise with the Kitchen on daily operation and quality.
• To ensure that all company minimum brand standards and operational standards have been implemented and are being consistently followed.
• To make sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
• To work closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
• To make sure that employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
• To taste and monitor the food products served, providing feedback where appropriate.
• To work closely with the Stewarding Manager to ensure that operating equipment is cared for to maximize its useful life and to minimize breakage.
• To work with Engineering and Housekeeping Manager to ensure that the outlet is clean, properly maintained and cared for.
• To assist in the recruitment and selection of employees. To follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
• To oversee the punctuality and appearance of employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
• To maximize the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• To assist in conducting annual Performance Development Discussions with employees.
• To implement effective training programmers for employees in coordination with the Outlet Service Manager, Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
• To assist in preparing and posting weekly work schedules for outlet employees, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
• To encourage employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
• To support the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Mission and Values.
• To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
• To ensure that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
• To feedback the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
• To maintain strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organizations.
• To respond to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
• To read the hotel’s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Produces Quality Work
The ability to produce high quality work in a consistent and reliable manner, in support of Hyatt’s standards and processes
• Achieves Results
The ability to identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results and be accountable for commitments
• Promotes Teamwork and Collaboration
The ability to build relationships within and across functions, balance individual and team goals, respect others and value different perspectives.
• Communicates Effectively
The ability to listen actively and identify appropriate messages and delivery methods to effectively influence others.
• Shows Initiative and Resourcefulness
The ability to initiate action, make decisions, adapt, drive change, use resources efficiently and solve problems quickly, creatively and practically
• Focuses on Customers
The ability to identify needs, shape actions and add value to relationships based on a central focus of customer satisfaction
Hyatt’s higher purpose is based on care. Caring leaders build trust and engagement by cultivating genuine relationships. The capacity to care for one another is one of the strongest of all human traits. At the center of caring is empathy. Leaders exhibit empathy when they connect personally and deeply with those around them.
Serving leaders create success for and through others. Such leaders are motivated by service to the higher purpose, the business and its stakeholders – not by the pursuit of power or personal gain. The success of these leaders is gauged by the success of others. They don’t try to solve all problems or to have all of the answers: they thrive by unleashing others in pursuit of goals. They understand and take direct responsibility for growing the next generation of leaders.
Learning leaders are inspired by learning and they take pride in further developing themselves. They are not afraid of – and they learn from – mistakes and failures. They make the intentional decision to continue to learn and grow throughout their lives, challenging themselves to be and do more, and gaining broader experiences. With their high learning agility and ability to be vulnerable, they reflect on and learn from experience, apply that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions and share their learning, and themselves, with others.
Adaptive leaders demonstrate agility in the face of continuous change. They anticipate and thrive in changing environments where diversity of thought fosters innovation and creativity. They have the ability to create a climate where individuals can take risk, experiment, and learn from failure: often times with great speed. Adapting leaders constantly think about what changes are needed to stay relevant in the marketplace and to fulfill the organization’s purpose.
Achieving leaders prioritize and do what is best for the business. They are outcome oriented and understand that superior financial performance benefits all stakeholders. They are bold, strategic and future-oriented. They see the big picture, understand how the different components of a system interconnect and behave over time, and help make sense out of complexity by simplifying. They possess sound judgment and can make quick decisions when needed.
The candidate should have the below Qualifications
• Minimum of 2+ years as F&B Management preferred
• Wine/beverage knowledge in an upscale environment preferred
• Ideal applicant should have strong organizational skills, ability to work with flexible work schedule, be a team player and a dynamic leader