ART Outreach Nurse/ Clinician x14 at Jhpiego
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 42 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania and wishes to recruit ART Outreach Nurse/Clinician for our Morogoro, Shinyanga, Dodoma, Kilimanjaro, and Dar es Salaam offices.
Location: Morogoro (1), Dar es Salaam (4), Kilimanjaro (1), Shinyanga (7), Dodoma (1)
Works in collaboration with the other members of the mobile team (and regional and district authorities) to offer high quality HIV counseling and testing, family planning services, screening and referral for STIs, gender-based violence, TB, alcohol and drug use, linkages, HIV care and treatment services to clients in their assigned region. More specifically, the clinical team members will:
- Provide ALL Sauti biomedical services (HTS, FP, screening for TB, STI, Gender based violence, alcohol and drugs)
- Enroll clients into ART outreach service and provide clinical care to HIV infected stable clients through ART outreach service including laboratory sample collection
- Meet with district officials, community leaders and partners to introduce and schedule community ART services.
- Collaborate with the CBHS providers, Regional coordinator and others to initiate and/or participate in demand creation in targeted communities.
- Identify opportunities for the program to increase demand, efficiency and quality of program delivery.
- Participate in the collection and reporting of ART outreach data as required by the program. And ensure proper clients records keeping and reporting
- Stay current in knowledge in the field of HIV in general.
- Ensure standard of care and conduct regular charts review
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and local officials.
- Perform other duties related to providing community ART as required.
- Must be a licensed nurse, nurse/midwife, clinical officer, assistant medical officer or medical officer in good standing.
- Experience working with populations at high risk for HIV, conducting outreach testing, and/or in provider initiated counseling and testing, and family planning services, desirable.
- Must be willing to be based in assigned region with extensive (weekly) travel. Must be willing to work off and unusual hours. Travel up to 80% of the time.
- Must be physically fit to assist with set up and break down of services in sites.
- Must demonstrate self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability)
- Must be highly flexible to accept dual roles and extra tasks as assigned by the site coordinator.
- Additional experience with ART, community counselling, mobile HTS, Family planning and GBV is desirable.
How to Apply
Send the application through email at [email protected] Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert. Caution to the applicants: There have been some bogus job adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: [email protected] is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If short-listed, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource [email protected]