AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Tanzania : Mechanical and Crusher
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Tanzania
AngloGold Ashanti, one of the world’s foremost gold exploration, mining and marketing companies, holds a portfolio of operations and projects on four continents, and has a worldwide exploration programme. We work across the full spectrum of the mining value chain, and are concerned with the impact of our activities on the diverse communities and environments in which we operate.
Geita Gold Mine is situated in Tanzania and forms part of AngloGold Ashanti’s Continental Africa Region. The company offers various benefits to expats which include a generous “travel bag” for travel between the mine and other locations. Geita Gold Mine facilities include a golf course, gym, swimming pool and other amenities. The village at Geita Gold Mine is welcoming and accommodation facilities cater for expats and their families.
- Based in Tanzania
- Great Expat location & village and family friendly
- Excellent Expat village with full residential & family services provided.
- Full Expat Benefits including generous travel benefits.
- Purpose of the Role:
The core aim of this role is to manage and integrate the maintenance activities from a mechanical point of view, in the Crusher section, to enable the Process department to optimize plant production at a reasonable cost. (The crusher section consist of primary, secondary and tertiary crusher systems as well as the reclaim, lime addition, recycle crushers and conveyor belt systems). Key accountabilities should be executed by building and developing an effective team through the use of effective managerial leadership principles.
- General Accountabilities:
- This is a manager role and as such you will produce the delegated outputs of the Mechanical supervisor.
- Health and safety, actively promoting discussion, awareness and improvement of safety and environmental aspects of work practices and striving for workplaces free of injury and illness.
- Execute “work approval” element of the work management framework.
- Oversee and quality controls of the planning function of the approved work.
- Oversee and quality control of work execution.
- Execute the work closure element of the work management framework.
- Comply with quality specifications and authority levels set out in the documentation for these elements.
- Review the work order task status report on a daily basis.
- Plan approved work orders (within area of responsibility) for resource procurement and execution prior to the required date.
- Engage with sub-ordinates to contribute to planning details from those expected to do the work.
- Comply with applicable legislation, standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop and use standard work packages to improve the efficiency of the executing of work.
- Support the execution process of the work by making sure the required work packages are developed.
- Assist with any technical skills or knowledge required by sub-ordinates.
- Keeps management informed and shares information. Provides well thought out, concise and timely oral and written information.
- In the creation and review of work packages an understanding and recording of associated risks and control measures is required, cleaning, spillage prevention, tools and equipment storage, waste management in each section, scrap and re-usable equipment and material.
- Production, achieving availability plan targets
- Clear targets set to the team through weekly plans, work that needs to be identified by the team with a horizon of 3-6 months, identify misaligned maintenance strategies and highlight this to the maintenance planner.
- Each artisan needs to be aware of his or her role to achieve the required targets.
- Quick and effective response to breakdowns, analysis of the route cause effect, corrective action, internal by section, escalate to mechanical maintenance unit manager if required.Required Skilled Knowledge:
- Qualification: – Minimum qualification: ordinary level O certificate, a recognised trade certificate and experience as a trade foreman, must be computer literate with proficiency in MS office.
- Experience: – Extensive mining industry experience, experience in the maintenance of industrial production/processing equipment i.e. large gyratory crushers, cone crushers and large apron feeders
- Knowledge and skills: – Have completed a basic risk assessment training course, and should be able to demonstrate their capability to actively participate in risk assessments