AMREF Health Africa Jobs in Tanzania : HIV Clinical ART Services Advisor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: AMREF Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The Incumbent will support the delivery of comprehensive and quality HIV care and treatment services to achieve the 95-95-95 goals for the epidemic control. S/He will be responsible to integrate and advise on efficient aspects of all the treatment cascade portfolio to ensure a continuum and scaled up service delivery. S/He will collaborate with Regional Project Managers to oversee the work of HIV/AIDS Clinical Services officers.
• Support project in the provision of comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment service and technical assistance to the related clinical provider teams within Amref and the facilities supported
• Provide guidance to Clinical ART officers and other program staff on innovative service delivery that will ensure all newly identified PLHIV are started and sustained on ART to achieve optimal viral suppression
• Manage and analyses clinical data to a performance congruent and presentable manner to reflect program progress at a time
• Provide guidance to R/CHMTs, health providers and regional teams on implementation of the recommended SDM including same day ART initiation and multi-month scripting, according to program and donor expectations
• Advise on effective initiatives to ensure maximum ART adherence comprehensive patient monitoring interventions to ensure viral suppression is achieved according to the targets and donor expectations
• Lead the implementation of Community ART program, ARV regimen transitioning and capacity building to clinicians on appropriate HIV/AIDS and Opportunistic Infections Management
• Coordinate and supervise the regional/district HIV/AIDS clinical ART services officers in supported regions to accomplish their expected scopes of work
• Participate in the work plan and budgetary development for the annual implementation and support recipients on the same
• Provide training, mentorship, supportive supervision and clinical guidance to the recipient
• Support the MoHCDGEC through NACP in development of training materials/curriculum, SOPs and Job Aids useful to the providers but according to the National guidelines and policies
• Active participation in high-level national TWG for HIV care and treatment that contributes to improving national HIV care and treatment program.
• Participate in District/Regional meetings relevant to the project and provide relevant technical contributions according to the guidelines and PEPFAR policies
• Provide technical support to the recipient on appropriate clinical data collection process and reporting according to donor expectations
• Participate in periodic program events (monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc) on all clinically related matters and provide relevant contribution
• Provide technical assistance on linkage and retention approaches to address patient lost to follow up from clinical services
• Participate in the relevant (National/PEPFAR/IPs/Stakeholders) meetings, reporting, presentation and representation and abstract development/evidence-based documentation and sharing routinely and as required
• Participate in National level – guidelines, policy, SOPs developing meeting/forums related to clinical services as required
• To facilitate the production of written documents including best practices and lessons learned.
• Represent Amref at various meetings after obtaining prior approval
• Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager or other Amref senior management teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A doctor of medicine degree of health-related to MMED is required, other relevant masters degree are added advantage
• Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
• At least 5 years of “hands-on experience” in HIV prevention, care, and treatment program in the resource-limited country and donor-funded programs
• Experience working in public health NGO
• Experience working with Local government and ministry of health
• Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage