Amaxon Company Limited Jobs in Tanzania : Clearing and Forwarding Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amaxon Company Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
We are looking for Aggressive, dynamic, energetic and exceptional creative person to do the following task in Dar es salaam
The Role and Responsibilities
• Ensures that the import/export activities in Tanzania are carried out in accordance with all laws and regulations.
• Ensures that a proper and auditable documentation trail for all transactions with customs and other government agencies is maintained for audit and assurance purposes and to coordinate, communicate, expedite and troubleshoot the movement of import / export consignments with user departments.
• To ensure all goods are cleared in a timely manner.
• Ensures that the Tanzanian’s customs processes and procedures are communicated and understood by the client and its Contractors with respect to documentation required to complete the import and export process.
• Is responsible to ensure, post contract award, that imports are tracked and expedited by Contractors through their nominated agents in order to meet the delivery due dates as per project mobilization requirements.
• Develops and implements reporting tools to maintain the visibility of the expediting and customs clearance processes.
• Acts as the first point of contact to resolve all customs queries and correspondences as they arise.
• Tracks and manages the Tanzanian’s bonds so as to ensure that these are managed in line with company procedure and policy.
• Provides real time tracking and updates of cargo shipments between different countries and borders.
• Maintains a good working relationship with government bodies over all customs related matters and where problems arise is proactive in bringing them to a satisfactory resolution.
• Raises all paperwork, plays a supervisory role over the activities of clearing and forwarding agents to ensure that any payments made are legal, transparent and are compliant with client policies and procedures.
• Responsible for facilitating and processing of tax exemption documents and requests.
• Responsible for the reconciliation of all customs paperwork and formal close out documentation.
Experience and Qualification
• Must be registered with East Africa Clearing and Forwarding agents and must have certificate on the same
• Hardworking and good negotiator
• Good communication skills
• Computer knowledge
• Ethical, hardworking and familiar with all job roles and responsibilities indicated above
• Meet target within a specified period of time
• Very familiar with the area, government and companies in Dar es salaam, East Africa and Southern of Sahara
The person should be willing to work unlimited hours. For the first month we will be paying only 240,000 TZS. In the second month we will negotiate based on the performance for a new pay. This is very demanding job and requires unlimited working time.