Amani Centre for Street Children Jobs in Tanzania : Psychological Counselor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amani Centre for Street Children
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Amani Centre for Street Children is a nationally registered NGO based in Moshi, Kilimanjaro-Tanzania. Amani is committed to reducing the number of children living on the streets in Tanzania by providing a safe place for homeless children to heal, grow, and learn and when possible reuniting them with their families and/or relatives. Amani operates in Moshi, Arusha, and Singida – with headquarters in Moshi.
Amani is seeking to recruit several new, dynamic staff members – to be working with Children and youths Living and Working on the Streets in Arusha Region and neighboring regions.
This is a new program implemented by Amani Centre for Street Children which will offer drop in services for children and youths, night shelter for children and youths and accommodate temporary referrals from other working partners and or Government authorities.
In addition to the new job openings in Arusha City, Amani also is recruiting to fill vacant position in its existing programs in Moshi, Kilimanjaro.
conducting professional training sessions on basic counseling skills to all staff, to ensure a comprehensive program of counseling that enables each and every child to get equal attention and the support needed, develop and implement a (psychosocial) Life Skills and Sexual health programs for Children and youth, Conduct group sessions at Amani Drop-in Centre and in the streets of Arusha City, Planning for and doing individual (psychological) counseling sessions with children and Youths with severe behavior and emotional difficulties in order to address specific needs, and ensure follow up system on those children in order to improve and/or help them change their behavior and/or emotions.
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
• Bachelor degree in Psychological Counseling, or Child Psychology. T. Bachelor degree in Social Work or Sociology from recognized Training Institutions, with additional training in Psychological Counseling or Child Psychology.
• At least 2 years of proven experience in working with children with severe behavioral and/or emotional difficulties, both one-on-one, and through group sessions.
• A good understanding of the realities of street children and youths ·
• Proven knowledge about Life Skills training and coaching for children and youth.
• Fluency both in Kiswahili and English required.
How to Apply
If you qualify for, and are interested in the following positions, please send us: • A detailed cover letter in which you explain your motivations and clearly indicate which position(s) and in which town/city you are applying for; • your CV, and photo copy of your profession certificates, • The contact details (email and phone) of at least two of your professional referees to [email protected] , latest by 10th March 2019. For more information about Amani, visit www.amanikids.org .