Air Tanzania Company Limited Job Vacancy : Legal Officer – Litigation
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Air Tanzania Company Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Tanzania
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-2021). In line with this expansion, the Company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate the needs of its rapid expansion. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions.
LEGAL OFFICER-LITIGATION (1 POST)
The following are qualifications for aspired canclidates:-
- Must have a Bachelor Degree of Law from die recognized University
- Must be registered as an Advocate of die High Court and Subordinate Courts
- Must have relevant working experience of at least one (1) year from a reputable institution
- Candidates widi relevant airline experience will be given preference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist oil claim liability , advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal right and obligations
- To interpret laws, ruling and regulation for various issues To arrange availability of witness, gaflier evidence and analyse die probable outcome of case using knowledge of legal precedents;
- To evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases
- To fomiulate defense and initiate legal action by collecting information to ascertain die fact of die case To negotiate settlement of civil dispute
- To prepare legal briefs and opinion and file appeals/revisions in court.
- To keep records of all transactions in respect of both decided and ongoing cases
- To collect relevant information and or orders from die respective court/tribunals
- To perfume any odier official duties as may assigned from time to time.
Attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Five (5) years contract (renewable) upon successful performance
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following: i) A detailed curriculum vitae (CV); ii) Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates and licenses. (Tanzanian applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities i.e Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)) iii) Two recent passport size photographs; iv) Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees; v) Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers. vi) The applicant must indicate willingness to work upcountry when need be.
Note: Misrepresentation of facts and qualifications during application shall warrant legal consequences.
CLOSING DATES: Application letters should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement deadline will be 21/03/2019:-
MANAGING DIRECTOR& CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED, P.O. BOX 543, DAR ES SALAAM.