Agricultural Policy Specialist at FAO
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: FAO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
The FAO Subregional Office for Eastern Africa (SFE) is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing subregional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with subregion-wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). It assists the FAO Representations (FAORs) in the subregion with addressing subregional food security, agriculture and rural development issues at country level. The Office is also responsible for the liaison with the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA). The Subregional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for Africa (RAF).
The post is located in the Subregional Office for Eastern Africa (SFE), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Agricultural Policy Specialist works under the general guidance of the FAO Subregional Coordinator (SRC) for Eastern Africa and Representative to the AU and UNECA, and may report directly to the Senior Policy Officer or another officer in SFE as designated by the SRC.
Contributes to operational support for results-based policy assistance and governance work of decentralized offices in the Subregion, in relation to subregional policy issues, and collaborates with policy officers posted at country level in relation to their work on food and nutrition security and sustainable agricultural development. The Agricultural Policy Specialist contributes to the liaison functions with the AUC, UNECA and Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs), and may be seconded to one or more of these institutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to policy analysis, policy networks and/or international policy setting bodies;
- Advocate strategic partnerships, best practices, and policy dialogue in support of enhanced policies and governance for food and nutrition security, sustainable agriculture and food systems;
- Analyze regional and country-level issues to provide input into the identification of country and regional priorities and requirements;
- Participate in capacity development activities involving the provision of technical advice and assistance, and oversees the development of related materials, on-line tools and information kits;
- Participate in the office’s liaison function with the AUC, UNECA and other regional entities in Africa;
- Support in the provision of technical support to FAO strategic partnerships and cooperation initiatives with the AUC, UNECA, REIOs and their member states, UN agencies, and the organized private sector and farmers/traders organizations;
- Support in the preparation of policy papers and documents relating to AU and UN-ECA developments which are of interest to the Organization;
- Contribute to key relevant policy processes at subregional and country level and enhances partnerships for a Hunger-Free Eastern Africa;
- Provide periodic implementation progress updates of the FAO strategic partnerships and cooperation initiatives with the AUC, REIOs, and the organized private sector and farmers/traders organizations;
- Perform other related duties as required.