Aga Khan Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : Property Technician & Care Taker
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Aga Khan Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Who we are
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectoral initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education and civil society strengthening. AKF has currently operations in Dar-es-salaam, Mtwara, Lindi, Arusha, Mwanza, Morogoro and Zanzibar.
Reports to Property and Procurement Officer
Location Dar es Salaam
The person will be responsible for providing professional property support services to AKF Tanzania’s property operations. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the property by inspecting and resolving tenant complaints by attending all complaints lodged by the tenants regarding facilities,
- Performs daily inspection of the property and fix all minor identified defects that are within his/her capacity
- Recording any defect in any part of the building found during inspection and notify those responsible for appropriate follow-up action.
- Making sure the building is maintained properly including plasterwork, painting, ceilings, floor, joinery, fittings and fire escapes whilst make sure that they are presentable and in working order.
- Ensuring the machines and plants for maintaining properties are serviced regularly and rectified or replaced if need be.
- Ensure that the entire property and surroundings are clean
- Coordinate regular fumigation.
- Responding to emergencies arising on the Property and provides immediate assistance as appropriate
- Recording every incident occurring in the building,
- Liaising with security service provider; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures.
- Preparing inventories for items to be replaced and list of equipment’s
- Liaising with tenants, contractors and advice the management on state of affairs
- Ensure that all utility bills are paid on time
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Certificate/Diploma in Electrical/plumbing/civil or related field
- Training in general Cleanliness
- Ability to work with different people and customers
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks, demands and deadlines with a positive and constructive attitude under minimal supervision
- Ability to produce report
- Basic Computer skills
- Basic skills in spoken English
- Impeccable honesty and work ethics
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business by 29th March 2019, to Country Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, by e-mail to [email protected]. Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
APPLY TO: [email protected] Before 29th March 2019
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.