Aga Khan Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : Property and Procurement Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Aga Khan Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
PROPERTY AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Reports to Country Administration and Property Manager
Location Dar es Salaam
AKF is looking for a Property and Procurement Officer to take on the role of providing professional support on procurement of goods and services and Property support services to AKF Tanzania operations.
Who we are
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectoral initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education and civil society strengthening. AKF has currently operations in Dar-es-salaam, Mtwara, Lindi, Arusha, Mwanza, Morogoro and Zanzibar.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages procurement of all goods and services across AKF offices
- Leads the process of sourcing credible suppliers and vendors for goods and services in close partnership with the Finance office and procurement committees
- Lead negotiations with suppliers and vendors to ensure value-for-money, transparency, and efficiency.
- Act as the Secretary of the procurement Committee
- Periodic compliance review and check of all procurements across AKF Offices.
- Support all fleets and Logistics across AKF Offices in Tanzania
- Manage all Vehicles and Generator Fuel and Services
- Track fuel usage and share fuel consumption report on Monthly basis to the Country Admin and Property Manager
- Facilitate acquisition of service providers
- Manage all office supplies, furniture & Vehicles Manage fleet notice board and share with Country Admin and property Manager in case of fleet plan over runs
- Follow up all AKF property rental arrears and reconcile with Finance department on quarterly basis.
- Prepare schedule of maintenance of all AKF managed properties and update maintenance implementation plan on monthly basis.
- Follow up and ensure that all vendors are paid on time
- Ensure that Asset register is up to date
- Timely submission all required reports
- Any other tasks assigned by your line manager
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Land or Building Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or related field. A post graduate in Management qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5years solid related experience, with at least three of those years in a busy middle management position on procurement and property management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Proficiency in understanding technical drawings and specifications related to construction, bills of quantities and contracts.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks, demands and deadlines with a positive and constructive attitude under minimal supervision
- Have an excellent understanding of the real estate market and trends, and be up to date with procurement of goods and services
- Computer Proficiency: Word processing, data base and spreadsheet applications, MS Office and the ability to present figures in graphs and other user-friendly methods
- Impeccable integrity and work ethics
Willingness to travel on short notices
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business by 29th March 2019, to Country Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, by e-mail to [email protected]. Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
APPLY TO: [email protected] Before 29th March 2019
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.