Advocate at ELCT- ECD
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: ELCT- ECD
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ELCT- ECD a well-reputed Christian Organization is looking an outstanding experienced ADVOCATE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide legal support and represent the Organization in certain in civil litigation and perform certain corporate duties, in particular:
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare writs, defenses, submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against” the Organization
- Advise on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel.
- File oppositions in matters where title is being passed or property is being encumbered and there are arrears due and payable to the Organization
- Advise on statutory compliance.
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
- Cause to be maintained, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Organisation
- Represent the Company at Arbitration and Public Utilities Commission hearings.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
- Draft, amend, review and/or recommend modifications or related laws and regulations governing the Organisation
- Provide sound legal advice to the Organisation and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
Job Qualification(s) and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB or LLM) from a recognized institution or university.
- 3 years of experience in handling legal matters environment.
- Must have successfully Completed year at the Law School of Tanzania and Registered as an advocate of the High Court and Subordinate Courts thereto save for Primary Court.
How to Apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applicants are required to get endorsement from their respective Pastors/ Parishes
Enclosed detailed CV and academic certificates;
All applicants must indicate two referees with their addresses;
Qualified and suitable Candidates are strongly advised to apply;
Deadline for application is 10th December 2019
All applications should be addressed to the:
SECRETARY GENERAL, ELCT-EASTERN AND COASTAL DIOCESE, LUTHER HOUSE BUILDING, P.O. BOX 837, DAR ES SALAAM. Email: [email protected] PHYSICAL ADRESS: Luther House Sokoine Drive.