Administrative Assistant at EngenderHealth
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: EngenderHealth
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
EngenderHealth is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates to fill the position of Administration Assistant.
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
PROJECT SUMMARY :
EngenderHealth Tanzania is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates for the position of Admin Assistant of an anticipated DFID funded programme – Scaling Up Family Planning in Tanzania. This 5-year programme aims to scale up access to FP in rural and urban areas, enabling women to safely plan their pregnancies and improve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. The programme will integrate a comprehensive range of services including care for victims of sexual violence and post abortion care and will seek innovative ways to reach people with disabilities and young people with family planning (FP) services.
POSITION DESCRIPTION :
The Administration Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Zonal Coordinator in managing the front office desk/reception, safety and security of the office and administrative functions at the office. He/she will provide support to the procurement/stores function at the office.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the front office desk/reception, including attending to the telephone, guest relations and communications.
- Support office administration to include general office management, ensuring proper functioning of all office support systems i.e. photocopier, fax machine, telephone, generator etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate information flow and follow up with programs, administration and finance for logistics mainly to do with hotel & flight bookings, airport transportation for office visitors and consultants’ logistics.
- Prepare and dispatch communication, materials to respective stakeholders, institutions and organizations.
- Support collation of travel plans on a monthly basis from all staff and arrange support accordingly.
- Provide support to program workshops and events and liaise with staff and admin department and ensure that all the logistics such as venue, invitation, funds, transport etc. are prepared efficiently. Book accommodation for program staff where required.
- Support the program team in implementation of activities which may include communication to stakeholders and participants; arrange training /supervision materials; schedule/confirm meetings etc.
- Support procurement at the country office ensuring compliance to the organization’s SOPs and donor regulations, including timely procurements and payments to service providers, and ensure the store is managed according to EH standing operating procedures
- Supervise the Office Assistants in performing their duties so as to keep the office premises clean, tidy and conducive to working.
- Minimum of secondary school education and a Basic training in secretarial and office management from a reputable institution.
- Basic computer (MS Office suite) with experience in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Basic training or demonstrated work experience in store and inventory management
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and partnering
- A minimum of three (3+) years of experience in working for international agencies and donor-funded health programs is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working managing office store and inventory.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and teamwork.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English and Kiswahili