Administration Assistant at African Underground Mining Services
- Company: African Underground Mining Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Mali, Burkina Faso) Established in 2007, we have spent over 11 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
AUMS is a joint venture of recently merged Australian Mining Contractors Barminco Ltd and Ausdrill Ltd making the business the second largest Mining Services provider in Australia.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. We look forward to receiving your application for the following position below:
JOB TITLE: Administration Assistant
- Ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors by maintaining compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations, policies & procedures.
- Submission, processing and periodic follow up of work permits and residence permits as per the requirements of the government departments.
- Prepare the weekly status reports and send to the Legal Counsel every week.
- Booking appointments for the legal counsel with the Stakeholders.
- Manage general and other duties as assigned by the Legal Counsel which may including drafting letters, typing documents/reports, filling correspondence, photocopying etc.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the position. This includes protecting the privacy of personal information when collecting, holding, using or disclosing information.
- Perform any other duties as designated by the Legal Counsel and the management
- Diploma in business administration or equivalent.
- High level computer literacy with excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. Ability to adapt quickly and learn new software packages quickly.
- Able to travel and remain on site as and when required
- Ability to work independently, under minimum supervision, under pressure and deliver by meeting deadlines 5 years’ experience in an equivalent positionIn
- dependent, self-motivated who can work with minimal direct supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience in mining or heavy industry is preferable.
- Completion of secondary education
- Advanced skills in written and verbal English
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s Licence
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply. Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment
Method of Application
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected] Application letters should reach the above on or before 30th September 2019, 18hr00. BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T) Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 124 or +255 682 660 256 or +255 682 660 893.