Accounting Officer at Good Neighbors Tanzania
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Good Neighbors Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) was founded in 2005 in Dar es Salaam as the head office, and later on Area offices were established including; Mwanza, Dodoma, Zanzibar and so on. GNTZ is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Accounting Officer (1 Post),
Reports to: Managing Director, Senior Officer
Contract Duration: 1 year (From August 2019 to July 2020)
To provide support of administrative operations including HR, procurement, finance and logistical services and take responsibility of implementing ongoing projects in regard to media education and construction of a school for the Zanzibar Area Office, and ensure effective and transparent utilization of all resources and integrity of administration and operation services..
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounting Officer shall have overall responsibility to ensure effectively financial management and compliance of organization regulations in all financial affairs.
The Accounting Officer in providing supports for the below duties.
• Preparing Income voucher for all funds received in every month and filling after being approved by Managing Director.
• Preparing Bank payments voucher for all approved budget requests with appropriate funding source and project allocation.
• Preparing the check list for financial document submission from other department and filling in accordance with guideline all documents in separate files for each project and funding source.
• Writing cheques for all expenditures, scanning and preparing check ledger for all bank accounts manager every month.
• Preparing monthly cash deposit report with BPV number and funding source and submit to line manager every month.
• Preparing monthly finance report through Quick book system and execution status every month.
• Preparing and filling monthly bank reconciliation report for all bank accounts.
• Maintaining safe box and petty cash ledger and submitting the report in every month.
• Receiving and making follow up any financial issues and provide feedback in appropriate time.
• Conducting management of staff attendance on daily basis, and other Human Resources management.
• Other administrative tasks given by the office.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualification, experiences and competencies
• Bachelor degree / Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• Three years’ work experience in related field.
• Fluency in both English and Swahili
• Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word and Power Point.
• Experience of computerized accounting packages (Quick Book for non-profit organization can be an asset.)
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Good interpersonal skills in an international and multi-national environment.
• A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure.
• Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
How to Apply
• All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Managing Director, Zanzibar Area Office of Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 4060, Chukwani, Zanzibar), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email protected] . • Deadline for application is not later than 11th August, 2019. • Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails. • Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.