Accounting Assistant at Fintrac Inc
- Company: Fintrac Inc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Accounting Assistant will be based at the Feed the Future- Mboga na Matunda (FTFT-MnM) Dar es Salaam Office and reports directly to the Senior Accountant. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, he/she is expected to contribute fully as a program team member, conducting himself/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and being responsible for the safe-keeping and care of all program assets assigned to her/him.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing all activity expenditures, invoices, and sub-awardee vouchers.
- Assisting accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Completing payment vouchers and local payroll activities.
- Ensuring proper documentation and record-keeping for all transactions and supports internal and external audits.
- Maintaining program accounts in compliance with Fintrac’s accountancy rules, including but not limited to general ledger, cashbook and payroll, etc.
- Processing employee expense reports on a timely (monthly) basis.
- Assisting administrative team as needed in negotiating with program vendors to obtain best value for program purchases.
- Assisting in preparing accurate financial vouchers and statements for weekly transfer to Fintrac’s Home Office.
- Posting financial transactions into Fintrac’s accounting system (Quickbooks).
- Maintaining all field-level (Tanzania) accounting records in original form.
- Preparing payments to suppliers.
- Ensuring all supporting documents are attached and compliant with USAID and Fintrac policies and procedures.
- Managing petty cash disbursement and reconciliation.
- Assisting in the training of finance staff with Fintrac accounting procedures, including occasional field visits to regional offices to train and monitor regional accounting staff.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Accountant.
At a minimum, candidates must possess:
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounting or Financial Control with USAID Funded projects
- University Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Accounting/Finance from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Knowledge on Quick Books Accounting system.
Method of Application
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Candidates should submit a CV and Cover letter to [email protected]. Deadline for submission is Friday September 20th , 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Learn more about Fintrac and our work at www.fintrac.com