Accounting Assistant at Fintrac Inc
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fintrac Inc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Accounting Assistant will be based at the Feed the Future- Mboga na Matunda (FTFT-MnM) Dar es Salaam Office and reports directly to the Senior Accountant. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, he/she is expected to contribute fully as a program team member, conducting himself/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and being responsible for the safe-keeping and care of all program assets assigned to her/him.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing all activity expenditures, invoices, and sub-awardee vouchers.
- Assisting accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Completing payment vouchers and local payroll activities.
- Ensuring proper documentation and record-keeping for all transactions and supports internal and external audits.
- Maintaining program accounts in compliance with Fintrac’s accountancy rules, including but not limited to general ledger, cashbook and payroll, etc.
- Processing employee expense reports on a timely (monthly) basis.
- Assisting administrative team as needed in negotiating with program vendors to obtain best value for program purchases.
- Assisting in preparing accurate financial vouchers and statements for weekly transfer to Fintrac’s Home Office.
- Posting financial transactions into Fintrac’s accounting system (Quickbooks).
- Maintaining all field-level (Tanzania) accounting records in original form.
- Preparing payments to suppliers.
- Ensuring all supporting documents are attached and compliant with USAID and Fintrac policies and procedures.
- Managing petty cash disbursement and reconciliation.
- Assisting in the training of finance staff with Fintrac accounting procedures, including occasional field visits to regional offices to train and monitor regional accounting staff.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Accountant.
At a minimum, candidates must possess:
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounting or Financial Control with USAID Funded projects
- University Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Accounting/Finance from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Knowledge on Quick Books Accounting system.
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Candidates should submit a CV and Cover letter to [email protected]. Deadline for submission is Friday September 20th , 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Learn more about Fintrac and our work at www.fintrac.com