Accountant at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
THPS has been awarded funds to implement the Global Fund program in mainland Tanzania as a Sub Recipient to AMREF – Health Africa in Mwanza, Mara, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Morogoro, Dodoma, Pwani, Tanga, Mtwara, Mbeya, Manyara, Kilimanjaro, Singida and Arusha regions. The focus is to support HIV Prevention programs for Key and Vulnerable Populations (KVP) through collaboration with civil society and local government authorities in the specified geographical regions and districts. THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the following position:
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant (THPS)
LOCATION: Central Office Dar-es-Salaam (with frequent field travel up to 75%)
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
Under the leadership of the Senior Accountant, the incumbent will work as part of the team to achieve departmental standards for the Global Fund (GF) project..
• To pay participants who are implementing various activities of the KVP Project using Mobile Online Payment System.
• To perform monthly reconciliation of Mobile Online Payment System and ensure all differences are noted and posted into accounting system accordingly.
• To ensure all payments made to different stakeholders, participants and vendors are adequately supported.
• To receive & check staff retirement and ensure it’s in line with THPS financial regulation and procedures.
• To perform reconciliation of Global Fund Staff Advances account.
• To ensure the posting of all accounting transactions into the computerized accounting system (SAGE 300 ERP)
• To control project budget to ensure all spending are in line with approved budget allocation.
• To prepare Project staff payroll and ensure all statutory deduction are correctly
• computed and submitted to respective authority by due date.
• To support Financial and Audit review planned.
• To prepare project financial report and ensure it’s submitted before the due date.
• To deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on time.
• To ensure filing of all Accounting documents.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervise.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Required: Bachelors degree or equivalent in Accountancy, Finance or related subjects from a recognized institution. CPA, ACCA or other equivalent professional certification will be an added advantage
• Required: At least two years’ experience at similar position. Experience working with international donors, and local organizations is an added advantage.
• Required: Knowledge in Accounting packages example SAGE 300ERP will be an added advantage
• High level of integrity
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Excellent communications skills in English and Swahili
• Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and Power point at minimum)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications to ( [email protected] ) attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by August 02nd, 2019 with a subject line for example: Accountant. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online. THPS is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People living with HIV/AIDS and People with disability are encouraged to apply.