Accountant/ Administrative Officer at Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC) specializes in international development cooperation within the financial sector in East Africa. In this regard, SBFIC wants to hire an Accountant/ Administrative Officer for its office in Mwanza/ Tanzania with solid experience in this area. The Accountant/ Administrative Officer will ensure operational compliance with SBFIC ́s internal policies and procedures and will support the operational excellence of the whole organization.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Roles and responsibilities
- Execute all accounting tasks including timely recording of transactions, cash management, bank transactions, preparation of payroll.
- Maintain and monitor the books of accounts, e.g. ledger, cash book and all other records as required.
- Ensure timely payment of salaries, taxes and other expenditures.
- Check conformity and accuracy of payment requests.
- Maintain bank relationship, plan and monitor the cash flow requirements.
- Registration of new employees for social insurance and taxes.
- Administrative tasks including logistics and procurement.
- Coordinate and prepare internal budget controlling.
- Maintain proper records and prepare for internal and external audits.
- Prepare and submit obligatory reports to respective authorities (TRA, registrar of NGOs, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures;
- Other tasks as assigned by the management.
- Minimum 3–5 years’ work experience with high levels of responsibility in a similar position (non-profit accounting would be a plus).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, public administration or related field required.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (spoken and written).
- Analytical and results-oriented work approach.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with strong attention to detail.
- Stress resistant team player with service orientation, flexibility, and a sense of pragmatism.
The main work location for the Accountant/ Administrative Officer will be Mwanza. Missions to other locations in Tanzania are common and occur occasionally to other countries in East Africa, especially Burundi, Rwanda, and Uganda.
What we offer
- Working on interesting and diversified tasks with a high level of self-responsibility.
- Insights into a well-structured organization in the area of international development cooperation.
- Working in a dedicated and supportive international team;
- Monthly salary according to the contract.
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Please submit your CV, a cover letter and relevant certificates (incl. transcripts of records) clearly demonstrating your knowledge, experience and motivation as well as highlighting your suitability for the assignment to [email protected] Add your salary expectations to your e-mail. Please send your complete application documents as one PDF file. Applications will be received not later than October 08th, 2019.